Our Impact

 

 

Since Terra Firma's inception in 2013, our goal has been to promote health, well-being, and advocacy through our medical-legal partnership. To date, our program has expanded to support groups, case management, and a number of enrichment programs that empower immigrant children and their sponsors to succeed and reach their full potential. 

 

400+

Unique Medical Patients

        33%  referred by our legal partner,                  Catholic Charities

60% Male, 40% Female

 550

 Legal consultations (1000+ visits)

From the programs inception, 75 affidavits have been submitted by Terra Firma providers (pediatrician and mental health providers) and 52% have won their case; the remaining 48% have not received the immigration court’s decision. To date no cases have been lost.

93

Graduates of our first 5 support groups

Strong rates of improvement on scores of acculturative stress and PTSD symptoms.